Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bahamas - Nassau, Fort Fincastle


Fort Fincastle
Nassau, The Bahamas

Located on Bennett's Hill, Fort Fincastle was used to protect the city of Nassau from invasion.  It was built in the shape of a paddle steamer in 1793 by Lord Dunmore who's second title was "Viscount Fincastle' and was also used as a lighthouse until 1817.

Photo Credit - Rashad Penn
- - -


Fort Fincastle

This fort is shaped like an old paddle wheel steamer and was built to protect the city from invasion but saw little action.  the fort was mounted with 24, 12, and 2 lbs cannons, which are still on display at the fort and facing the Nassau Harbor.

Photo Credit - Rashad Penn

- - -

He autographed the backs for me in Nassau and gave me permission to post his postcards.

His pictures are truly fantastic.  I know he has a website where he sells his work, as soon as I can find it, I will post it. (The one he gave me is not working.. www .lilnassau. com)

both are from 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment