Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New York - Coney Island / Astroland (Tutu Project)


There is no description on the back of this postcard, but the sender wrote me that this is Bob Carey.  He is a photographer who's wife had breast cancer, so to cheer her up and to raise money for breast cancer research, he would dress up in a pink tutu and take pictures of himself.  I have to tell you, if my husband did this, I would laugh pretty hard!  I think what he is doing is fan-flippin-tastic!!   As far as I know, his wife is better now, but he is still raising thousands of dollars through his website: thetutuproject.com

If you click on the contribution button, he sends a signed postcard if you donate 5.00 or more (plus some change for the stamp etc)  I just made my donation - I will post the card when I get it  :D

As for the location - I figured out this was the boardwalk on Coney Island and that is the Astroland Rocket on the left hand side of the card.

postmarked in 2012 with a 'Statue of Liberty' Forever stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment