Photo: Olivier Anger
- - - - - - -
The first mention of the Saint-Michel church in Dijon was in the year 889. At that time it was probably originally a simple wooden chapel. When it became too small in 1020 it was replaced by the bishop of Langres, Lambert Bassigny.
Once again in 1497 it had become too small to accommodate all the faithful so they decided to build a new church. The new church was consecrated on July 29 1529. However, it was not until 1667 after the completion of the main facade that the church took on its final form.