The Cross of Christ erected in 1950 on Dunbar's Knob at the Jumonville United Methodist Training Center, 3 miles north of U.S. Rt. 40, east of Uniontown, Pa. The 60-foot steel cross is visible from 7 counties and 3 states within a 50-mile radius on a clear day.
Color Photo by Bron Miller.
This postcard was printed in 1988.
- - - - - - -
Thousands of Sunday School children contributed dimes to help build the cross, and their names are sealed in the 183-ton concrete foundation. It was fabricated by Moore Metal Works of Greensburg, and erected on August 26, 1950.